- I like to own things. Borrowing books from the library or buying music off iTunes without owning the cd just doesn't do it for me.
- I am a pizza connoisseur; I only eat the good stuff!
- I have a freaky memory when it comes to dates and clothes. I can remember what I wore and what the date was for every semi-important date over the last few years.
- I've played the YMCA's bells in Jerusalem.
- I have an irrational dislike of the number 5...
- ...and the color red.
- I've eaten cow tongue.
- I can't spell maintenance.
- I love make-up.
- I don't like football. I just don't understand the point.
- I don't like to use mayonnaise for sandwiches or cooking, even though I love potato salad and deviled eggs.
- Trees make me feel claustrophobic. I like dead stuff like dirt and rocks and when you can see things that are far away.
- I don't have a very good poker face...
- Yet somehow, I'm really good at poker.
- I have to psych myself up to wash my face every night; I never want to get my face wet.
- I love calculus and all other forms of math.
- My favorite "board" game is Boggle. You think you're good? Bring it on. I love a challenge.
- A girl named Megan and I won our elementary school Field Day Three-Legged-Race competition in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.
- Once, I ran from my apartment in Provo to Bridal Veil Falls and back. I hadn't trained, so I was sore for weeks.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I find standardized tests somewhat enjoyable.
- I had never been to Colorado before I moved there.
- I can French braid my own hair.
- I can solve a Rubik's Cube, but not in less than a minute.
- My left eyebrow is more pointed than my right one, and thus, I like it better.
- I love to scrub the bathtub but I hate cleaning toilets.
- I prefer gold to silver.
- I was once offered all the camels in Luxor if I'd be a guys bride. I might have taken him up on it if I thought he could actually procure them.
- I have twin conjoined freckles just above my knee. Two freckles right next to each other look like figure eights. It's strange.
- Despite how much running I do, I really don't like it. I like racing.
- I love all things about birthdays; the parties, the presents, the cake...I especially like mine :)
- I love throwing birthday parties, but not mine.
- I do not like Chipotle. Sorry.
- I didn't like cantaloupe until I lived in Italy.
- I didn't like watermelon until I lived in Israel.
- I speak Klingon. No, that's actually a lie to see if you are still reading.
- I have had 63 roommates. Four have been named Rachel, and one was named Rachelle.
- I never had an imaginary friend when I was little, but I wanted one because everyone else seemed to have them.
- I have gone on whole vacations to Lake Powell and never gotten in the water. I just don't like to be wet!
- I can't float, even if I try really hard.
- Despite not liking water and not being able to float, I did both at the Dead Sea and had an immensely enjoyable time.
- I love to write missionaries and send them packages. Going on a mission? Send me your info. Really.
- Blowfish shoes fit my feet perfectly.
- I love eating rice and beans. I wonder why I wasn't born into a Latin American family.
- I have extremely short hamstrings. I have to stretch daily just so I can touch my toes.
- I love free t-shirts.
- I don't type using my pinkies. I need to retrain myself because I can't type that fast.
- I don't like plain water. I need to put Crystal Light or some other flavoring in it.
- I love quizzes that come in magazines.
- I only like toothpastes that taste minty or have an otherwise clean taste.
- I do not like to drive.
- If I drive, I prefer SUVs.
- When I grow up, I want to live in a house with a wrap-around porch and white walls.
- I don't like to fly, but it is a necessary evil which facilitates my travelling habit.
- I tried to like "This American Life" but I can't get into it.
- I love ice cream cones. They make me feel young and jovial.
- I love it when people read to me.
- I prefer Western Family Mac'n'Cheese to both Kraft and homemade versions.
- I love to read about the weekly grocery specials. Love.
- I don't like wearing shoes...
- But when forced to, my shoe of choice is a peep-toe pump.
- I really like striped clothing.
- I have never cooked on a grill.
- I love pebbled ice.
- Sponges gross me out. I prefer washcloths.
- I don't like to touch raw meat. Ick.
- I am scuba certified.
- I love acronyms and making up acronyms for things.
- I have a very girly sneeze.
- I like to sleep on the couch.
- I enjoy riding donkeys.
- I am not allergic to anything.
- I like climbing things, but I don't like jumping, climbing, or rappelling down.
- I am slightly afraid of heights (hence the not likeing coming down).
- My favorite colors are kelly green, aqua, and purple, in that order.
- I don't like it when my ankles are cut off in pictures; it's such an awkward ending place.
- I adopt other people's habits quite regularly.
- I struggle to keep my shoes in my closet. I can think of at least five places in my house right now that are not my closet that have shoes in them. Oops.
- I cry during most movies, sad and happy.
- I dance in my car to the music, but only by myself.
- I love foreign films.
- I think grey should always be spelled grey and never gray.
- My favorite Disney movie is Mulan.
- All four of my grandparents are still living.
- I am a Cancer, but I really don't believe in that stuff.
- I like to google people I know. Oops!
- I love travelling by subway; I really dislike planes.
- I love knitting, crocheting, sewing, and other domestic things like that.
- When I put away the dishes, I almost always forget to close the cupboard doors. Roommates have teased me because they always know when I've done the dishes.
- I only use white hangers.
- I want to have a personal ceramics studio in my home some day.
- In my studio, I will make my own dishes from which my family will eat.
- I frequently read four or five books at once, and it thus takes me months to finish reading anything.
- I am very jumpy. People stop by my desk just to say hello and I jump.
- I think semicolons are underused; they are very useful.
- I also like ellipses...
- I don't ever wear turtlenecks because I feel like they are choking me.
- I will never voluntarily own a pet, although I was rather fond of our dog lucky.
- I have never had hair longer than my shoulders. I'm currently growing it out. We'll see how long that lasts.
- I am a wanderlust at heart. I've moved 5 places in the past year.
02 November 2009
100 Things About Me
In honor of my 100th post, here are 100 random facts about me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love this.
1) i didn't know it was called pebbled ice. i always called it "good gas station ice."
2) it freaks me out how many of these things i already knew. i lived with you for like 2 weeks ; )
ps when are you going to come visit me
This list is fabulous :-)
Post a Comment