06 March 2009

Just a Hop, Skip, and a Jump Away

Boulder has a great public transportation system, and it has the most clever marketing. Boulder's bus lines are named things like Hop, Dash, Skip, Jump, and Bolt. Everything is literally a Hop, Skip, and a Jump away. I love it! Also, I took my first trip by bus yesterday. It was pretty exciting, yet uneventful, which is a good thing. I have a slight fear of travelling by bus--I don't know why Maybe it's the weirdos who frequent the buses in Utah, or the creepy Italian men who frequent the buses in Italy, or the infrequency of the buses in Rome (have you ever waited over an hour for a bus that's supposed to come every 10-15 minutes?) So today's trip was quite the victory. I didn't even do it with a friend! Wow, I know. I won't be purchasing a bus pass any time soon (I love my gas guzzler) but knowing how to ride the bus is pretty handy.

No comments: