15 February 2010

Love, Your Secret Admirer

Remember when you were little and you always wanted a secret admirer? He'd write you love letters and send flowers and chocolate, and if you were lucky, jewelry. Then, you'd meet each other and fall in love and live happily ever after.

Well, these showed up on my porch Sunday (Valentine's) with a note which read, "To: Hayley." My roommate heard a pounding on the door (I couldn't hear it from the basement) but she was occupied saying a prayer and didn't immediately respond. When she opened the door, the culprit was gone and one dozen pink roses were on my porch.

 

 I have NO idea who sent them. You see, only two people know where I live (not even my family has come to visit me!) and thus my list has been limited to these two people, plus the people in my ward because apparently my address is in the online ward directory. So here is a breakdown of the suspects.

Suspect A: The Saturday Night Date
This fellow was the first culprit my roommates and I supected. He and I have been on several dates, including one on Saturday night. He gave me an identical pink flower on Saturday. But why would he give me identical flowers? He also adamently denied giving me the flowers, and he isn't good at keeping secrets, especially when pressed. My roommates and I now highly doubt he was the giver.

Suspect B: The Friend
My awesome friend is one of two non-wardies who knows where I live. She could be the deliverer because she is an awesome friend and knows I'd love this. She might not because she is trying to save money to go on a mission and thus I doubt she'd buy them. But, after I told her about them, she did tell me to just enjoy them and not worry about who sent them, because I'd probably never find out, which makes me wonder.

Suspect C: The random guy in the ward
I've been on one date with him and he has asked me out again, but conflicting schedules prevented a second. He's nice and thus may have done this as a surprise. But why would a guy do this if he won't get the credit?

Suspect D: The family
But they don't know where I live. Never mind.

That's all, folks. Who do you think my secret admirer is? Any other thoughts? Please discuss.

2 comments:

Whitters said...

Baha! Sad but true, we really don't know where you live.

Jessica and Reece said...

I'll admit, it was Lola. She still remembers the time you held her when she was just a few days old, and is trying to get you to come hold her again :)