My last post was slightly premature, because the day after I wrote it, I got a job offer! Woohoo! I will be moving to Houston (oh, how I love humidity an heat...but really, I like Texas: Exhibit A and Exhibit B) and I will be an actuary. I start May 3, so I have some time to plan (and overplan) my move, my new job, and my new recreational activities--because hiking, climbing, and skiing just probably won't happen in a state that flat. Here's where I need help: I don't know a SOUL in Houston. Do you, dear readers, have friends who reside in our nation's fourth largest city with whom I could chat? I'd prefer singles who still live there that could tell me what the social scene is like and would have good tips on which areas of town are better for those with my demographic (read: single female LDS professional working downtown). Thanks!
Also, this means my blog will no longer be going private, and I have thus deleted the comments containing email addresses because I don't want my email floating around the internet, so I assume you feel the same way. Thanks all who requested invites!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
EXCITING! Congrats :) That is so cool. My parents are both from Houston... but I don't know anyone there.
There's a possibility we'll be in Austin later this year, I'll definitely let you know!
Congrats on the new job, sounds exciting! I have heard nothing but good things about Houston and Texas in general. U of Houston is high on our list for choice of law schools, who knows maybe we will be moving there soon!! Good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment