30 September 2009

Sea Level is for Sissies

Or so they say at the BolderBoulder , so I didn't really train for the Hamptons Half Marathon. Needless to say, 13.1 miles is not for sissies, no matter what the altitude. The half marathon did not represent my finest judgement. I may or may not have done the following.
  • Tapered for two weeks, and by taper I mean "not run."
  • Forget to eat breakfast.
  • Stay up until midnight the night before while still suffering from jet lag.
  • Pop the same pill I took when I got my wisdom teeth removed before the race. You still feel the pain, you just don't care about it.*
I think that's about it. I ran the race with my sister Carly. This was her first and hopefully not last half marathon. And it was in the Hamptons. And we stayed in the Hamptons. And the race swag was really great. On my list of Half Marathons, this might be the best one I've ran, despite the time!**

Carly, Adam, and me, Post Race.

*I actually think this was one of the wiser things I did.
**I've only ran two. It's not a hard list to top.

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

A half in the hamptons! How fun!! One of these weekends you're here we should do dinner!

B&L Watty Family said...

Sounds like so much fun and maybe I could have kept up with you guys. Maybe next year?