08 August 2009

Office Space

Here's a list of things I love about my work. I'm really not being sarcastic.

  • My boss takes us out to eat at least once a week.
  • Yesterday when I came in, my (male) office mate was wrapped up in a fleece Harry Potter blanket because the office is so cold.
  • And he had slept in his car the previous night, too.*
  • My boss yells (in a non-angry way) instead of emailing/calling/walking next door when he wants to talk to someone in another office. ("Hayleeeeeeeeeeeeeey")
  • My project supervisor calls me "Hay".
  • They brag about me to clients because I am currently the only female in the office. ("Look, we hired a girl!")
  • I am the only female in the office. There are eight guys.
  • The person I email the most is my office mate, and we sit within an arms reach of each other.
  • He and I pick songs of the day, every day.
  • My project supervisor compliments me on my outfits.
  • My office mate has been known to address his emails to me as "howdy neighbor."
  • My office is within walking distance of the Gateway. Don't worry, I still drive there...

*Although it was casual Friday, we are generally required to dress professionally, so every Friday is a bit of a shock to see people look normal, let alone walking in to him with his blanket after sleeping in his car.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Addition: My boss makes "Decision Trees" for me when I have to make important choices. It simplifies things greatly.