I signed up for the Salt Lake Marathon. I've toyed with the idea of running a marathon for a while and I finally got enough training so I finally signed up. I feel a bit crazy and nervous, but hey, it's only 26.2 miles, right? And it's bound to be over in less than six hours because the course reopens to traffic after six hours. So this now means I'm recruiting for Team Hayley, aka my cheer squad*. Do you want to come watch me cross the finish line extremely fatigued and somewhat sweaty? Let me know. I'll look for you :) Or if you plan on watching from somewhere along the route, tell me where you'll be so I can look for you and I'll give you my projected time of arrival and so you can look/cheer for me. After the race, if I feel up to it, I'm going to stop at Nielsen's Frozen Custard in Bountiful with my family, and you can join me there in celebration of my first marathon. This will probably be my last time I'm in Utah for a while (I'll stick to local races for a bit) so I'd love to see all you all while I'm around!
*T-shirts, posters, and cowbells are not required but highly encouraged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll be there!
I'm running the half! I'll look for you at the start line!!
Post a Comment