26 January 2009

There's a Coldest Day in Every Year

As you may recall, I'm training for a half marathon. In my lovely new hometown, I do not have a gym membership, so I run outside. The weather has decided to take a nasty turn from Tuesday's and Wednesday's lovely 72 degrees to a brisk 13 today. 60 degree difference in less than a week? Yeah, apparently that's the norm here. So for my run I wore layers, lots and lots of layers. My new running attire consists of the following:
  • snowboarding socks
  • shoes
  • long underwear bottoms
  • fleece pants
  • a short-sleeved tech top
  • a fleece top
  • soft-shell
  • puffy vest
  • bandanna on my head (I left all my hats in my former state of residence. What was I thinking?)
  • mittens
  • my softshell's hood
If you counted four layers on top, you counted right. And, in my very puffy state, I had an extremely enjoyable run.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hayley!! How are things? Where are you even living these days? I haven't talked to you in ages!