04 December 2008

A Macy's Thanksgiving

I went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year. Did you know it is a CHRISTMAS parade? What? The parade starts off with fine with pilgrims and turkeys, but then Santa and elves and other Christmas folk. I'm not sure how Santa got mixed up with a Thanksgiving parade, but I don't like it.

Post parade, we had a Thanksgiving feast. It had three types of stuffing, two types of turkey, two types of yam, green beans, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, and five types of pie. I'm sure I'm missing some of the other goodness. Basically, being single in NY is the way to spend a Thanksgiving. Hopefully yours was just as good.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

That is weird. I've stopped watching it. It's all about Elf. But that's a Christmas movie. I still love it.

Whitters said...

Mmmm... Thanksgiving deliciousness. You are right. It most definitely did not disappoint!