13 November 2008

So not Kosher

My bff J told me a little story today. J's grandma is Jewish, so J celebrated Hanukkah and Passover with her grandma when she was growing up. On Passover, a Seder Plate containing symbolic items representing the Exodus is passed around. One of those items is the Z'roa, or a lamb shankbone representing the lamb which was sacrificed in the temple in Jerusalem. One Passover, J was in charge of getting the Z'roa, but she couldn't find a lamb's shankbone. So what does one do when they cannot find a lamb bone? Apparently they substitute a bone from a pork chop! Ha ha, J!

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Whatever!!!!!!!

Jules AF said...

Oh and it's on Passover that the Seder plate is passed around. Not Hanukah!

Hayley said...

Oops! I really knew that, but I was writing it while only half paying attention. I fixed it so I don't look quite so silly.