06 May 2008

Caution: Domestic Goddess in the Making

Yes folks, Hayley is becoming domestic. I've had two hard semesters in a row, so now I'm finally taking some time to do things I enjoy. Lately, I've been cooking up a storm.


In the past two weeks I've made Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza (sauce and all), Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies, Stuffed Tomatoes, Deviled Eggs, Gyoza (as pictured) and Black Bean and Corn Salsa. The gyoza recipe made twice as much as it said it would, so I'm going to finish making them tonight.


The Gyoza and the Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes need some work, but the Salsa was amazing! I took it to the ward Cinco de Mayo party and everyone loved it. You should try it!

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

1 15 oz. can black beans
1 11 oz. can whole kernel corn
1 jalapeno pepper
2 medium tomatoes
1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 red onion
1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 avocado

Rinse and drain the corn and beans. Chop the produce, except avocado, and add to the corn and beans. Add lime juice and salt. Add chopped avocado immediately before serving.

2 comments:

Erin :) said...

Whoa...

You're baking up a storm!
Using your camera
Actually loading the pictures on to your computer
Blogging them
AND wearing your adorable sweater!

I can't hardly believe it!

Jules AF said...

From one domestic goddess to one in the making, I commend you. hahaha I call myself a domestic goddess all the time, but then my family reminds me of how much I hate cleaning, and I'm taken down ten notches on the DG scale. Why would they do that?