15 July 2009

Best. Day. Ever.

Why? I went to the oral surgeon yesterday and had four wisdom teeth and two baby teeth pulled (yes, I had baby teeth at 24, and I still have another to be removed at some undecided future date.) And this is all a good thing? Oh yes. The loss of these six chompers has led to:

A piggy bank balance of $1.50, curtousy of my tooth fairy (yeah, that's a whopping 25 cents a tooth!)
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding for all meals.
Jello Shots. Ok, actually it was just jello in really small containers.
Lounging and watching movies.
Lounging and reading Kurt Vonnegut Jr. short stories.
Flowers from well-wishers.
My first ever hard pain killers experience (which was a little bit of a let-down)
Finally being able to listen to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in the manner in which it was meant to be listened

Thank you, Dr. Newey.

4 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

Ha ha ha. How was the real Pink Floyd?

Jessica and Reece said...

That would be my worst nightmare. You poor, poor, poor bella. Let me know if you need anything!

Jeff said...

I think it's best to read Kurt Vonnegut when you are not coherent. He wasn't when he was writing them.

Hayley said...

Riss: Sadly, I don't remember it. How much more authentic could it be than that?

Jess: Thanks, love!

Jeff: I really think you should try his short stories.