
So this is a picture of my awesome room. I live in the loft, and those doors lead out to a huge porch. I have the whole upstairs to myself, and except for the occasionally low ceiling (and hence my decision to not put my mattress on a frame) I really, really like it. Tonight, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and open my door for ventilation, but keep the inner screen doors shut. As I was typing my last blog post, I looked up to see
this leaning on the screen door, causing it to begin to open. I screamed (yes, audibly...is that really a surprise?) which fortunately scared my little intruder off. I took several minutes to debate whether I should open the screen door so I could shut my outer door, risking the sneak attack from any hiding scoundrels seeking vengeance, or, if I should barricade my screen door and hope the perpetrator doesn't tear through the mesh or return with bear-sized reinforcements, making the barricade obsolete. After much thought, I decided to shut the outer door (which I did with much stealth and speed) and barricade the screen door. You can never be too safe.
2 comments:
scary!!!! i like your little loft, who lives downstairs?
hahaha, that's funny. And wow- thanks for the compliments about my talk! I am honored that you even cared to read it! Hope livin' large in the loft is serving you well :) (...I didn't really mean to alliterate like that, it just happened...sorry)
Post a Comment